Tuesday, January 8, 2008

" A degree in being a hosuewife"

More and more my family and i come across women relatives, friends and random people women are well in their late mid-20's and guess what? single and no where near getting married.

Its becoming a growing trend that girls nowadays are getting married later and later. Whenever my grandma hears this she will say they are all 'expired' already. Haha.

Though its not that suprising to me, with many girls putting their careers first,or being independant enough to not need the fuction of the male population or just because they are picky and there arnt many great men left out there. However, many parents find it a worrying thing. I just attended a dinner and my father was telling me how his friend is trying his best to match make his daughter of 29 years old.

Stable job, good family, decent man... but still she refuses.

"I dont know what she wants lah"

In the car on the way home, my dad was telling us,
"You know i told him that men fall in love with looks but women fall in love with the ears"

Marsh : Ears?! as in telinga?

Dad : Yeah ears. A guy who can speak well, full with chrisma can kautim any women

Marsh : So is that how you kautim mum?

Dad : Yala! Then why do you think she married me? Its definatly not for the looks thats for sure.

Marsh : HAHA.

Ohh well, something dont really have to worry about right now.

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

DAMN cute la this post ! :D i miss you marsh , have a good new semester <3 - mel ng